Please Welcome Rom the Foster Basset Hound!
As you all know, two weeks back we lost Henry the Basset Hound. My sister, Henry’s Mom, was (actually is) beside herself with grief – you guys know what I’m talking about.
So yesterday Ashly again accepted a foster from Ohio Basset Rescue in Columbus (and did some transport on the way!)
As far as we know, here are the details on “Romney:”
– He is about 4 or 5-years-old
– He was abused at some point as he totally cowers, puts his head down to the ground when a voice gets loud or when he hears a loud noise, and he has multiple gashes/scars; he also puts his back end down and drags when he feels scared (tail btwn legs, etc.)
– Took a dog warden in Dayton around 5 months to catch him; he was literally like Duffy on “Pit Bulls and Parolees“
– He weighs just 34 pounds right now – that’s how sick he is… don’t worry, we will fatten him up
– He LOVES Ashly, he loved me, and he loved my parents – so he is ABSOLUTELY a LAMB and will recover from all of the above
– He likes walks already, is good on a leash, is good with cats, and was cozying up to Franklin all day yesterday so he likes other dogs; we believe he will do BETTER with another dog actually and not alone
So welcome Rom with open arms as we have; and say a prayer for him & that Ash (et al) can turn him around like she did with Franklin, the former puppy mill stud Basset, who now runs the show at the Smith House… 🙂 !
We love you Rom and you are forever safe and loved now 🙂 Thank you Amy at Ohio Basset Rescue for doing what you do!