Pet Holiday Gift Ideas from the ASPCA are Fun, Festive & Functional!
Enter to Win a Holiday Gift Pack Chock Full of Goodies!
So all of us are uber-busy celebrating and/or preparing for this most festive of seasons, right? The turkey and the trimmings, the brisket and potato latkes…Well, as your fur-baby’s forum hostess, (OK so I’m not a baby, nor do I have fur, but I do own this blog! MOL/BOL), I feel it’s my duty to give you more details on pet lovers’ gifts and gifts for pets this joyous holiday season. The fine folks at one of my favorite animal welfare organizations, ASPCA, put together a helpful gift guide here for those with and without paws because, well, the ASPCA is cool like that! (If you’re down for more pet gifts, check out my ThoughtsFurPaws 2014 Pet Holiday Gift Guide.)
For DIY enthusiasts or those trying to cut back on holiday shopping costs, I suggest these fun Do-It-Yourself pet toys and treats:
- For dogs, braid together two strips of an old t-shirt for a fun chew toy. Directions and photo here.
- For cats, use a t-shirt and a few easy to find household items to create a cozy cat tent. Directions and photo here.
- Since cats love tuna, this quick and easy treat will keep them occupied during your special holiday dinner… Photo with directions here.
- For tasty a reward, make pumpkin pie cookies (perfect for both cats and dogs) with this simple recipe. Photo with directions here.
If you’re looking for something a bit different, how about considering one of the awesome gifts from the ASPCA’s Online Store? After all, they are gifts that give back…They have delights including:
There are also choices you can make this holiday season to help those less fortunate furballs… The purchase of one or more of the following gifts is considered charitable in that it too can make a significant difference for an animal in need:
- Walkers Shortbread “Scottie Dog” Cookies
- Diamond Paw Pendants from Zales
- Commonwealth Toys Plush Pets
So perhaps the best news is this: one lucky person will win an awesome ASPCA holiday gift pack for themselves (or to give to another) on ThoughtsFurPaws.com. The gift pack includes an ASPCA mug, tote and blanket, plus more items like dog and cat toys, cookies (human) and Swiffer cleaning products!
Here are the rules and details you’ll need to know to enter to win:
- Tweet this blog post OR anything about the contest using hashtag #ASPCAT4PHolidays
- Enter up to two photos of your dog or cat in a holiday scene by emailing them to me or Tweeting them to me using the above hashtag.
- Pets DO NOT have to be dressed up, but we want the photo to have a seasonal tone (wintry, holiday, etc.)
- Please use a cute caption with your photo, and/or tell us why you love the ASPCA.
- Again, entries are accepted beginning now, via Twitter or via email to email@example.com.
- The last day to get your entries in is Saturday, December 27 at noon EST.
- One winner will be announced that same day in the late afternoon; he/she will be contacted separately via email or Twitter by the Administrator.
- Two original photo entries per person only please.
- If emailing, please put this in the subject line: “ASPCA Holiday Pet Photo Contest”
*Contest being sponsored by the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), in conjunction with this blog, ThoughtsFurPaws.com. All opinions herein are those of the Administrator, JL Smith. This post was written in conjunction with the ASPCA and our Administrator. ThoughtsFurPaws.com never publishes dishonest, distorted or distended reviews, nor does it perpetuate the circulation of misinformation.