Here is the second part of the posting for the Valentine’s Day Dog Photo Contest…
♥ ♥ Please see the first entries here (along withe the RULES THAT MUST BE FOLLOWED)! ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ You can read the Contest Announcement post here ♥ ♥
* And you can read the corresponding story for each picture in this post; pictures have numbers in the caption – check the number in the content to read that cute or funny or heart-warming Valentine’s dog picture story! *
— *** — — *** —-
1. Abby and Service Dog Olivia:Here is a photo of me & my service dog, Olivia. I love the way she naturally posed next to me with our faces touching. When I look at this photo I see love and enjoyment in both our faces. This photo was taken Mother’s Day 2011 in Florida. It was one of the best days we have had in a long time….my sister lives in RI & I live in FL along w/ our parents. Our mother didn’t know of any Mother’s Day plans that year… I told her I needed something at her house & would be stopping by. When the door opened my mom said “Hi Abby!” It took about 2 minutes for her to realize that it was my sister, Heather, standing in the living room. Surprise!! She was crying & squeezing my sister. We took this photo aboard a Water Taxi.
Olivia provides medical assistance for me & has given much independence & freedom to me. You know I don’t like getting old, but as we do, it’s nice to know we can do wonderful things for the Mom that put so much love and dedication into raising us..
Comment – BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE to a Mother… mine is my hero, too!
2. Donna and Service Dog Sawyer:My name is Donna I’m 42 years old and — I have Muscular Dystrophy, and am confined to a wheelchair. My best friend is my handsome Blonde-Golden Retriever service dog Sawyer. I don’t know how I ever made it without Sawyer. He can alert if I have a seizures, he turns my lights on and off, he opens and closes doors for me, he picks up things if I drop them, he can even dial 911. My husband says Sawyer watches me at night while I’m sleeping; he wakes us up if I’m breathing shallow. He changed my life forever; I
can go places and do things & never be afraid that there will be no one to help me if I need assistance. Even small things like pushing my arm back up on my arm rest with his nose, It’s like he just knows what I need him to do. You don’t get to pick your service dog, the dog has to pick you… Sawyer picked me and we bonded instantly.
Comment: OK, let me stop crying now!
3. Dudley the Coton de Tulear:Dudley the Coton de Tulear has been in our family for one year. He is pure love! His smile lights up the room. My husband has just gotten home, and he was so glad to see him!
4. Gabriela Painting Sadie’s Nails: Sadie our 3-year-old Rottweiler gets her nails painted for Valentines – a beautiful hot pink – by my 10-year-old daughter Gabriela! We thought this picture was Valentines worthy since she doesn’t really like her feet touched!!
5. Kash and Jesse:This pic was taken by my sister, Michelle – it was just before Christmas and the red you see behind the dogs is a red tree skirt. Kash (female) is on the left and Jesse (male) is on the right. We adopted Kash from a local shelter here in Dallas; she was found with a puppy and since puppies are more likely to get adopted out we choose her. She
was only $25! She already had her ears clipped. Jesse and Kash get along very well and love each other as boyfriend and girlfriend.
Facebook question to Jennifer (owner): I don’t understand why you said you took her since puppies are more likely to get adopted…? Wouldn’t that make you want to take a dog that’s a bit older…? I mean no offense, I just don’t understand the explanation I guess…
6. Lola:This is Lola, she’s been the light of my life every since I lost my Border Collie to cancer back in 2010. We have the same birthday (Feb 7th) and I received her on my birthday. She will be 3 this year, and she’s such a blessing who has mended a broken heart.
Comment: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!
7. Scout: W-xoxo-f!… My beautiful Westie, ‘Scout,’ who has the biggest heart and loves everyone! Scout will share his prize with our local APL.. wxoxof! Thank you and blessings!
8. Tygeta in Her Condo!: This is my perfect little girl Taygeta [sic] in her condo. Tayeta [sic] was named after a star because she has brought such a bright shining light in to [sic] my life. I am sick & she has brought such joy to me it is amazing but all my dogs have! Tata is her (nickname) is a angel in every way and is always a winner even if she doesn’t win the contest! She will always be a winner in my eyes; she is treated like a princess and always will be along with the rest of my furry kids! Only a animal will love you for who you truly are.